Why does FoxyProxy not appear in my add-ons manager?

Posts about anything which doesn't fit the other categories

Why does FoxyProxy not appear in my add-ons manager?

Postby icewater » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm using Firefox on Fedora 22.

When I go to the Firefox Add-ons Manager and search for "foxyproxy", FoxyProxy does not appear in the add-on manager's list of available add-ons.

I do see add-ons named foxydeal, FoxySpider, and a number of less-close matches.

If I click on the "See all 7222 results" link at the bottom of the add-ons manager, I DO see FoxyProxy as the first result on the addons.mozilla.org page.

Why does this happen? Does either Firefox or Fedora think I should not see or install FoxyProxy? Why is the closest and most obvious match filtered out of my default resultset?

Thanks!
icewater

Re: Why does FoxyProxy not appear in my add-ons manager?

Postby icewater » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Bumping with a screenshot to show what I mean.

https://slimgur.com/image/BVZ

This is the addons results page when I search directly for "foxyproxy". Why do all those unrelated addons appear on the page, but I have to go to the "See all 7246 results" to access the foxyproxy addon?
icewater

Postby vuyisileN » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:21 am

The results you see are results from Mozilla's addon site (addons.mozilla.org), to find locally installed addons, you need to search installed addons by clicking the "My addons" option button. See screenshot here: https://nimbus.everhelper.me/client/not ... 2PNa64AQr/
vuyisileN
FoxyProxy Team
FoxyProxy Team

Postby icewater » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:30 pm

I took this screenshot prior to installing FoxyProxy on a fresh profile.
icewater

Return to Other