How to use FPP with UltraSurf?

Support for FoxyProxy Plus

How to use FPP with UltraSurf?

Postby pp-apekeeme » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Subject says all. Downloaded UltraSurf, but can I use it with FF17 + FPP, if so, how?
pp-apekeeme

Re: How to use FPP with UltraSurf?

Postby FoxyProxy Support » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Hello,

First of all let me just in a few words explain how UltraSurf works. When you run their application, it creates a tunnel between your computer and one of their servers. The application automatically configures Internet Explorer to send its traffic through the tunnel. You can start UltraSurf, open Internet Explorer, then navigate to Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN settings and you will see that the application automatically configured IE to use a proxy 127.0.0.1:9666.

With UltraSurf running, I visited http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and this is what I received:
---
IP Information: 65.49.14.82
ISP: Hurricane Electric
Organization: Sophidea
Connection: Broadband
Services: Network Sharing Device
Recently report forum spam source.
---

Apparently their network/proxies are widely used for SPAM and probably illegal activity. Personally I would not want to visit any website using UltraSurf and being determined as a spammer, but it is probably an appropriate solution for those users who cannot afford/don't want to pay for secure and reliable services like FoxyProxy.

As mentioned above, when you run UltraSurf software, it creates a tunnel to one of their servers. You can point FoxyProxy Plus to use the tunnel. To achieve that open FoxyProxy Plus, press 'Add New Proxy' button, open 'Proxy Details' tab and enter 127.0.0.1 as Host and 9666 as port. Do not enable SOCKS and Authentication. Once you run UltraSurf software, select to use the proxy you just added into FoxyProxy.
FoxyProxy Support
FoxyProxy Team
FoxyProxy Team

Postby pp-apekeeme » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks! I don't want to make a habit of using it, just as a backup proxy...
pp-apekeeme

Postby vuyisileN » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Hello

Unfortunately, We have never tested FoxyProxy with UltraSurf before, so we can't provide support for it right now.
Please try the UltraSurf user center: http://ultrasurf.us/user-center.html
vuyisileN
FoxyProxy Team
FoxyProxy Team

Return to FoxyProxy Plus