DNS Forwarding ONLY

Post enhancement requests here.

DNS Forwarding ONLY

Postby Tanubis » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 am

I've been using foxyproxy for a while, and have recently encountered a situation where I could use a feature which does not seem to exist anywhere.

Namely, I want to be able to forward my DNS requests through a proxy, but do not want to run all traffic through the proxy.

I'm in a situation where my available bandwidth is not unlimited if I use everything through the proxy server, so I would like to do the downloads of content directly. The domains I visit are being tracked and in some cases modified through the DNS requests that I issue, so I'm trying to get the best of both worlds by tunneling the DNS traffic over SSH while doing the actual request through my normal lan.
Tanubis

Re: DNS Forwarding ONLY

Postby gkoppen » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:21 am

This is already on our To-Do list for years but we have not had the time to implement that feature request yet. I'll see if I can get it a bit higher on that list.
gkoppen
FoxyProxy Team
FoxyProxy Team

Re: DNS Forwarding ONLY

Postby alexhu » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 pm

on chrome, the dns forwarding works ok when selecting a proxy for all, but on auto switch mode it doesnt, im using switchysharp extension now until this is fixed, thanks
alexhu

Return to Feature Requests / Enhancements