some suggestions

Post enhancement requests here.

some suggestions

Postby renos3k » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi

I am using FoxyProxy Standard and have so fun with it

there is some suggestions

1- A find/filter option at the above of URLs Patterns list shown in Proxy settings-URL Patterns tab page. My pattern list is huge :o !!
2- An option to test an URL before real work by pushing Go or Reload button,
URL can be:
- current address bar's URL
- URL that i am provided
- selected URL text in the page

In the Right click menu:
3- Applying proxy color to proxy root menu . Currently color applied to Use 'xxx' for all URLs in submenu
4- Proxy setting option in each proxy submenu

thank a lot
good luck
renos3k
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: some suggestions

Postby gkoppen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:54 am

renos3k wrote: 1- A find/filter option at the above of URLs Patterns list shown in Proxy settings-URL Patterns tab page. My pattern list is huge :o !!
2- An option to test an URL before real work by pushing Go or Reload button,
URL can be:
- current address bar's URL
- URL that i am provided
- selected URL text in the page

In the Right click menu:
3- Applying proxy color to proxy root menu . Currently color applied to Use 'xxx' for all URLs in submenu
4- Proxy setting option in each proxy submenu
Thanks for these suggestions! The "proxy root menu" is the one where you have the radio buttons with the colored "Completely disable FoxyProxy" and "Use proxies based on their pre-defined patterns and priorities" in? And you would want to have the names of your proxies showing up there colored as well, right? And, additionally, I am not sure which proxy setting option you have in mind in the proxy submenu and how you think that should be implemented. Could you elaborate your proposal/wish a bit?
gkoppen
FoxyProxy Team
FoxyProxy Team
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Re: some suggestions

Postby renos3k » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:15 pm

gkoppen wrote: And you would want to have the names of your proxies showing up there colored as well?

Yes!
gkoppen wrote:I am not sure which proxy setting option you have in mind in the proxy submenu and how you think that should be implemented.

I mean that we have a new item in
each Proxy's submenu

-Enabled
-Animate icon...
-Use proxy ...
-Patterns >
-Proxy settings (suggested)

this new item shows that Proxy settings page directly.(the page that currently we have to open from main form by selecting desired proxy then clicking on Edit selection)

let me to know is all suggestions cleared?
renos3k
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: some suggestions

Postby ericjung » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:37 pm

These are excellent ideas. Thanks for suggesting them, and we will implement them. Concerning this one:

I mean that we have a new item in each Proxy's submenu


It's already there but disabled by default. To enable:

1. Open FP (Ctrl+F2)
2. Go to Global Settings tab.
3. Under Miscellaneous, check "Use Advanced Menus"

Now right-click on a page and look at the proxy sub-menus. Not all of the options are there, but some are. Should we add more options? For example, option to open "Proxy Details" window directly (window display when clicking Edit Selection").

thanks,
eric
ericjung
FoxyProxy Team
FoxyProxy Team
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: some suggestions

Postby renos3k » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 pm

ericjung wrote:Should we add more options? For example, option to open "Proxy Details" window directly (window display when clicking Edit Selection").


Yes eric, I think. this new option can be a very useful shortcut. I think :roll: . for example assume that we have add search on URL patterns (it was my another suggestion) and assume that i want to find a pattern quickly to disable or enable it ... or etc.
this shortcut will give us access to all features of "Proxy settings" form quickly

thanks
renos3k
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: some suggestions

Postby ericjung » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:28 am

OK, I understand. I'm curious--were you already using Advanced Menus?
ericjung
FoxyProxy Team
FoxyProxy Team
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: some suggestions

Postby renos3k » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi again eric
forgive me for late response 8-)

ericjung wrote:were you already using Advanced Menus?

Yes, always

thanks a lot
renos3k
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:33 pm


Return to Feature Requests / Enhancements

cron